Thank You For Following :)

KOMTEP 2018 – Wau Bulan Class

Actually I got the idea of making this class from our sunbaenim (Mr. Nik) & Wau Bulan song seems to be quiet popular in some schools abroad as well (Japan & such).  So here’s how I did it :


1. Introduction – 5 mins
2. Singing – 15 mins
3. Visual lecture – 5 mins
4. Coloring – 15 mins

INTRODUCTION : A very brief introduction asking them to guess what is Wau based on given picture (refer slides)



SINGING : I guide them to read and sing the song “Wau Bulan” using hangulized lyrics, audio file and video (all included in the slides). Trust me, it is very easy song for the kids to learn, they easily catch on the lyrics and even memorized them (mind you I just learnt hangul so the hangulized lyrics may not be that perfect)

music video with hangulized lyrics by me :p


VISUAL LECTURE : basically I explain them a little bit more about Wau using pictures on how they are made, their shapes and sizes, and their variety of looks.



COLORING : I ask them to color 3 different Wau pattern given randomly and cut them afterwards. I played the song Wau Bulan & some gamelan instrumental while they were coloring.









To end the class, the kids sing the song together again for 1 last time while holding and showing off their finished Wau. I actually included a clip of the kids singing the song in our video HERE

U can download the slides (and the Wau spread sheet) down below for ur reference or to use if u want to. Pleasure is all mine 😊


For more KOMTEP 2018 stories, feel free to check out our official Facebook page HERE ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...