Thank You For Following :)

KOMTEP 2018 - Souvenirs For Korean Students and Teachers

I am really sorry I forgot to mention about to spare some space in your luggage for your souvenirs for the Koreans. No it is not compulsory but it would be a very nice gesture as a token of appreciation and also for a memory for them to keep.

with our mentor and vice principal

Who to give?

1. Principal
2. Mentor
3. Fellow Korean teachers
4. Students

What to give? It could be anything but u sure need to consider about the weight and practicality as well. As for me & my partner, heres what we gave/prepared :

Terabai Iban

I brought these handcrafted Terabai Iban all the way from Sarawak. I even carved some thank you speech at the back of them. The medium sized one was for our principal while the small one was for our mentor. They are light and safe enough to put in the luggage XD

Apart from that, we also gave them goodie bag consisting souvenirs from states tourism board & NGO that sponsored us like Sabah Tourism (proboscis monkey plushie & Mount Kinabalu photobook), Sarawak Dayak Association (native ceramic craft), Johor Tourism (hand towel), Pahang Tourism (lapel pin badge), and even Tourism Malaysia (fridge magnet).

For the fellow Korean teacher including the vice principal, we gave somewhat like a gift pack in a zipper bag (which u can buy from Daiso there) for every homeroom teacher that we entered their class and some teachers who are close to us and helped us a lot during our residency there.

The gift pack consisted Malaysia instant coffee (brought by our friend, Farid) + postcard, ballpen, fridge magnet (all from Tourism Malaysia), and lapel pin badge (Pahang Tourism). Not everyone get the ballpen, fridge magnet & lapel pin badge though. F.Y.I Koreans love coffee.

Apart from that, I also included my personal gift pack in all of those which was; name card + button badge + fridge magnet.

my little gift 🤭

My name card. Designed by Farid

Our fridge magnet. Designed by Farid

Button badge. Designed by Farid


As for the students, I only gave them the button badge. I've ordered 100 pcs of them from Malaysia. My partner gave tongkat ali & kacip fatimah coffee to the teachers & some Upin & Ipin merch. Some others gave keycahin. Farid gave handkerchief made out of kain batik (he made them himself). & I've heard some previous KOMTEP teachers gave Malaysian coins & notes as souvenirs for their students. So it could literally be anything you could think of.

Please do note this is just an example and hopefully a guide for you guys to get some idea. Please do not pressure yourself. Give what you can because afterall, niat tu yang penting, tetiba cakap melayu. hahahahaha XD

So good luck guys. Oh yeah, I also gave homecooked sambal ikan bilis to my principal & mentor. okbai XD

For more KOMTEP 2018 stories, feel free to check out our official Facebook page HERE ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...